Frequently Asked Questions
There are no set-up fees and no monthly subscription plans. Service is available on an as-needed basis and is non-disruptive to your current staffing or procedural operations.
We offer two transcription styles that vary in cost due to the different skill sets required to transcribe them.
- Verbatim: We type every word and phrase exactly the way it was said, including ums, ahs, and slang pronunciations.
- Clean Verbatim: We omit the ums and ahs and correct slang words, but do not adjust sentence structure.
We offer several turnaround time options to meet your needs based on project size, budget and timeline. We are able to return a completed transcript in as little as 3 hours, but our standard, and most popular, turnaround time is 3-5 business days. The longer the turnaround time, the lower the cost.
We provide transcription and translation services for a variety of audio and video formats. While most digital files are ready for transcription, some audio formats will need to be converted to a standard digital format before it can be transcribed. There is a conversion fee for this process.
Our digital platform supports the capture of voice files using our no cost, mobile app. MobileMic provides streamlined capture from any location with a direct upload to our secure transcription management center. We also support the use of digital, hand-held recorders and provide a simple upload solution through our secure web portal. Telephone dictation is supported, but may incur an additional fee.
Whether you have microcassettes, standard size cassettes, or VHS tapes, we are able to transcribe your recordings. Simply contact us, and we will help you set up the mailing and processing of your tapes.
Yes, we provide transcription and translation of 40+ foreign languages.
- Foreign Language Transcription:We can transcribe most recordings, regardless of the language(s) being spoken. Our Foreign Language Transcription service option produces a transcript that is typed in the language(s) spoken during the recording. For example, if a recording is spoken in Spanish, you will receive a transcript typed in Spanish only.
- Foreign Language Transcription with Translation:In addition to transcribing spoken foreign languages, we can also translate them into English. Given the exacting nature of verbatim translation, the language spoken must first be transcribed before producing an accurate, verbatim translation. This option produces a two-column document containing both languages — the foreign language typed as spoken, along with its translation into English. For example, if a recording is spoken in Spanish, you will receive a transcript with the Spanish typed as spoken in the left-hand column, and its translation into English mirrored alongside in the right-hand column.
- Direct-to-English Translation:To provide the best value to our customers, we can also Interpret a recording into English. This service option produces a document typed in English only, regardless of the language spoken. Our Direct-to-English Translation option is generally selected as a cost-effective option when an agency wants a simple translation into English, generally for informational purposes. This service option does not contain a transcription of the language as spoken. For example, if a recording is spoken in Spanish, you will receive a transcript typed in English only.
- Document Translation: We can translate most documents, including hand-written notes, typed letters and public notices. We can translate a document written in a foreign language into English, and conversely, we can translate an English document into additional languages needed so your message can reach its targeted demographic.
We offer multiple pricing structures, including pricing by the word, line, page, digital minute or project. Please contact us for pricing details.
Our general customer service team can be reached during business hours by phone, email, or chat to make sure your questions never go unanswered. A client experience representative is also available to discuss the health of your account and your overall satisfaction.