Integration with Sensors • Facial Recognition • Speech Recognition • Case Management Systems (CMS)
Our award-winning software captures digital content from any audio/video source for document creation and meets the highest international data, cybersecurity and privacy standards, including military and medical regulations.
Meet VIQ’s Executive Management
PRESIDENT & CEO
- 25+ years’ experience in digital content and secure enterprise workflow strategy
- President & COO at CSDC Systems, a digital compliance SaaS technology platform, where he led four acquisitions
- Assisted the modernization of technology infrastructure for government agencies in Canada and the EMEA market
CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER (COO)
- 30 years executive leadership, consulting and operations management roles in Fortune 500 companies
- Deep insight and experience in building world-class operational infrastructure for IT companies
- Successfully combined several middle-market operating companies in the medical transcription space generating a successful exit for capital providers
- Oversaw the acquisition and integration of multiple transcription and IT businesses at Nuance Corporation
CHIEF INNOVATION OFFICER (CINO)
- Over 30 years of experience in technology
- Built infrastructure, systems and processes for three growing public companies
- Proven record in international government-regulated businesses and healthcare markets
- Executive leadership in solutions companies, specializing in healthcare provider systems for global markets
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER (CIO)
- Significant experience in the telecommunications, healthcare, and manufacturing industries throughout his 25 year career.
- Track record of developing and operating industry disruptive technology innovations.
- Seasoned executive at merging companies into efficient organizations and maximizing enterprise value.
- Previously served as CTO of several market leading healthcare and clinical documentation companies in Canada and the U.S.
CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER (CMO)
- 20 years’ in solutions marketing leadership with an emphasis on strategy and operational execution in large corporate and small entrepreneurial companies
- Developed Go-To-Market strategies for multi-channel technology companies within the healthcare market
- Led the successful launch of many cloud-based solutions driving growth in both bookings and pipeline
VP, SALES & MARKET DEVELOPMENT
- Senior sales executive with 30+ years’ in sales channel and product development.
- CEO of Dataworxs Systems Ltd with operations in Canada, USA and Australia. Acquired by VIQ Solutions in 2015.
- 13 years as Nation Sales Manager and General Manager for Sony.
VIQ’s Board of Directors
Larry Taylor serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors. He is an experienced Board Chair and Board Member with broad management consulting experience. Mr Taylor has held key senior executive positions with several industry leading companies including National Money Mart, Travelex Americas and Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Canada Inc. and has been successful in working with private equity firms to identify, acquire and combine companies to create superior shareholder value.
He is a Certified Management Accountant and a Certified Management Consultant.
Harvey Gordon is an experienced executive with extensive senior management experience in private and public companies ranging in size from startups to $100M+ organizations.
Mr. Gordon has held key senior executive positions with several industry-leading firms, including Algorithmics Inc., Changepoint, Infonet Services and Magic Lantern Group, and established profitable operations throughout North America, Europe and Asia through direct sales staff, partnerships, reseller channels, joint ventures and acquisitions.
Mike Kessel is President & CEO of Cleveland Clinic Canada. During his tenure, the organization has implemented a unique public/private hybrid strategy that has led to the formation of with Canadian healthcare community stakeholders, such as Sick Kids, Sunnybrook, Mt. Sinai and the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
He has also led partnership efforts with the Ontario Ministry of Health, resulting in several important firsts for in-country and cross-border patient care.
Mr. Kessel holds a Bachelor of Science in Marketing and Accounting from The Ohio State University. He received his CPA designation in 1995, and his MBA from Kellogg Business School at Northwestern University in 2005 with a focus on Marketing, Finance and Strategy.
Joseph D. Quarin
Joseph D. Quarin was CEO of Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd. until a $4.8 billion reverse merger announcement with Waste Connections Inc. in January 2016. During his tenure of 15+ years, Progressive’s executive drove up the company’s revenue from $100 million to $2 billion.
Mr. Quarin was ranked #10 on the Financial Post’s Top 100 CEO Scorecard 2016, and named one of Canada’s Top 40 Under 40 in 2004.
Mr. Quarin developed his finance and business management skills at Edgestone Capital Partners, KPMG, Deloitte & Arthur Andersen.
Mr. Quarin holds an MBA (Dean’s Honour List) from the Ivey Business School at the University of Western Ontario, a Bachelor of Commerce from Queen’s University, and is a CPA.
VIQ Solutions Inc.
Mississauga, ON L4V 1T1
+1 (905) 948-8266
VIQ Solutions USA
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
+1 (800) 263-9947
Spark & Cannon
Sydney, NSW 2000