About Global Accounting Body
One of the world’s largest accounting bodies offering core services to members including education, training, technical support and advocacy. Employees and members work together with local and international bodies to represent the views and concerns of the profession to governments, regulators, industries, academia and the general public.
The Accounting Body faced the need to transition from in-person recorded meetings and hearings to remote recorded meetings during the global COVID-19 Pandemic. The Accounting Body was seeking a remote recording solution that supported fast transcription turnaround.
The VIQ Solution
With the industry-specific knowledge, experience, and technology to work with and understand the recording and transcription needs of conference and corporate meetings, VIQ Solutions was able to provide the Accounting Body with a tailored solution to meet their needs due to COVID-19 halting in person hearings and meetings.
VIQ Solutions Remote Recordings Process
VIQ worked collaboratively with the Accounting Body, to provide a VIQ staff member for Recording Services, also known as a Monitor, to take part in all requested meetings and hearings. The Monitor attends the virtual meeting and records the Zoom or Microsoft Teams session while also making important annotations to assist the transcription process.
The crucial role of the Monitor is to review the audio file progressively and to immediately notify those present in the meeting if there is an issue with audio quality that will have a detrimental impact on the accuracy of the transcript. It is the Monitor’s job to alert those present for:
- environmental noise from one of the participants; or
- participant not talking loud enough; or
- an issue with the speaker’s microphone.
VIQ Transcription Services has enabled the following benefits for Accounting Body:
- Dependable – The client can rely on VIQ to turn documents around within the designated period requested.
- Economical – The use of VIQ Solutions allows the Accounting Body employees to focus energy beyond transcription on core business.
- Service Oriented – Accounting Body stated that the customer service they have experienced is excellent. The account representative is always available to assist and address any questions or issues.