CJIS Ready File Management
We understand that law enforcement and criminal justice professionals rely heavily on Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS). If police officers are unable to maintain the security of their Criminal Justice Information (CJI) at all times, it could severely impede their daily operations and ability to pursue investigations quickly and efficiently. Likewise, with the proliferation of complex cyber-attacks that put databases at risk every day, an increased awareness and ability to protect CJI is more critical now than ever.
VIQ Solutions has received the FBI-approved Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) ACE Readiness Seal for its solution suite supporting onsite and remote workforces. The seal was awarded after completing a rigorous audit and evaluation. The audit reviewed systems, policies, and procedures and concluded VIQ Solutions demonstrated the required competencies in managing all aspects of the security policy.
Here are some of the precautions we take as part of CJIS compliance:
- All staff members with access to CJI undergo CJIS training and are subject to criminal background checks.
- Our staff members undergo fingerprinting and complete all necessary paperwork to affirm their understanding and commitment to protecting CJI.
- Limiting access to CJI on a need-to-know basis according to job function, physical location, and other parameters.
- Restricting system access after a series of failed login attempts is detected.
- Keeping our business facilities and data centers locked at all times.
- Tracking all access to CJI with detailed audit trails.
- Encrypting all CJI, at a minimum of 128 bits, while data is at rest and in transit.
- Surveilling our systems around-the-clock to ensure the integrity of our network at all times.
VIQ Solutions is an agile organization that is continuously in touch with the changing landscape and adapting to update and maintain all security protocols under CJIS. This is crucial to any criminal justice agency’s success. Sensitivity and awareness of CJIS requirements have made us a respected and preferred partner for police departments across the United States.
Personnel and Employee Requirements
All transcripts are processed in the United States by our highly skilled team. Our Law Enforcement team of employees and contractors undergo a screening and vetting process which includes:
- Electronic verification (E-Verify) of United States citizenship
- Nationwide search for public records of felonies and misdemeanor offenses
- Checked against the National Sexual Offenders Registry
- Persons with felony arrests or involvement with misdemeanors of moral turpitude, perjury or false statement issues are excluded
- Federal Tax Identification Numbers are confirmed, and a complete home address and employment history is verified
- Identities are validated by local law enforcement using FBI Fingerprint Cards which are maintained on file
- Rigorous assessment process, routine performance reviews and work quality audits Confidentiality & Conflict of Interest
- All employees and contractors are bound by a comprehensive Confidentiality Agreement, which includes specific Conflict of Interest provisions. These agreements are meant to protect and preserve the confidentiality and privacy of all information.
As a global organization we comply with all local and federal compliance standards and requirements. Please contact us with questions or for more information.
Data and Electronic Communications
We utilize Microsoft Azure Government Cloud as our provider to host and store all files. The Azure Government Cloud and infrastructure are Department of Defense Level 5PA certified. In addition, these are compliant with FedRAMP High, HIPPA and IRS 1075 standards.
Files transferred via the Transcript Management Center are authenticated and encrypted through the use of a 256-bit SSL certificate and asymmetric 2,048-bit RSA key, establishing a secure HTTPS operating environment.
Transcription orders are tracked from the time they are placed until completed. Customers, transcribers, employees and administrators all have unique access credentials which are used to log activity, audit and control file access.
Completed transcripts can be securely retrieved from Transcript Management Center for up to 90 days, after which the recordings are automatically purged. Transcripts can be archived for up to three years.
Microsoft Network Access Protection and PKI for Windows Server enable clients to exchange information with enhanced security and restrict them from accessing the network until the client can prove policy compliance.
All workstations are individually password protected, programmed to log off after 10 minutes of inactivity and automatically update to run the most current versions of anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-malware software.
Our facility is secured by video surveillance and alarm monitoring systems. Entry and exit and is restricted by electronic access cards and a biometric scanner. Analog media is stored in a locked evidence cabinet until it is returned or professionally shredded on site.